In a recent post, the Philanthropy 411 Blog listed 90 foundations (and 16 foundation staff members) that are communicating on Twitter, the social media site that has been getting lots of attention recently. Twitter is a great way to keep your audience up to date on what you are doing or on information you think they will find interesting.
Here are the foundations from the DC region that were included on the list:
- Annie E. Casey Foundation (Baltimore, MD) @AnnieECaseyFndn
- Baltimore Community Foundation (Baltimore, Maryland) @baltcommfdn
- Case Foundation (Washington, DC) @CaseFoundation
- Sunlight Foundation (Washington, DC) @SunFoundation
- United Nations Foundation (Washington, DC) @unfoundation
- Venture Philanthropy Partners (Washington, DC) @vppartners
A couple that were left off:
Since it's always a good idea to learn more about foundations you hope will fund your nonprofit, you might want to join the Twitterverse (if you haven't already) and "follow" these foundations. And let us know if you discover any other DC area foundations that are tweeting.
Heck, you might even want to start tweeting yourself! We did -- so you can follow us too. The Foundation Center has several Twitter accounts: