If you have an idea for positive social impact, but you lack 501(c)(3) status, how can you get funding? Our live online chat in May focuses on this very question. Funding for Social Entrepreneurs: Myth or Reality? takes place May 29th, 7-8 PM ET, and will cover the following topics:
- What makes for a viable "social venture"?
- Where do social enterprises typically get startup capital?
- How is funding for social enterprise different from more traditional business and nonprofit models?
- What makes for a strong pitch when seeking funding for a social venture?
- How (and how well) does crowdfunding work?
- How do you measure the success of a social enterprise?
Get info on trends, strategies, and resources from 2 leading practitioners:
- Tom Dawkins is Co-Founder of startsomegood.com, a popular crowdfunding site that helps social good initiatives raise funds and grow a community of supporters.
- Josh Cohen is Managing Partner at City Light Capital, a venture capital firm investing in USA-based, high-growth companies dedicated to tackling some of society’s toughest challenges.
Come ready with your questions, and we'll try to get them all answered on Tuesday, May 29, 7-8pm ET (that's right - it's an evening chat for those of us in the western hemisphere!), at our free, live, online chat. Register now!
Meanwhile, learn more at our Knowledge Base Article, "What is social enterprise?" and our recent video interview, "Social Enterprise and Sustainability: A Conversation with Paul Lamb"